Looking up the name of the software, it seems you're on Windows XP or Vista.
You can change the drive labels in the registry, but you will have to make some keys are they are not there by default.
- Open regedit from the run box (XP) or Start menu search (Vista)
- Expand the treeview in the left pane to
- Right click the Explorer key and select New -> Key and call this new key DriveIcons
- Right click this DriveIcons key, and create new keys underneath it for each drive you want to modify, then inside those keys, create one more key called DefaultLabel, once again this also must be done for each drive
For example, if I wanted to modify the
D: drive, the key hierarchy should look like this:
Remember, every single drive must have:
- It's own drive letter underneath the DriveIcons key.
- and it's own DefaultLabel key under the drive letter key, for a total of 2 keys per drive.
now inside the DefaultLabel key for each drive, there should be a default string value created. Modify it to whatever label you desire:
Your drives should now have different names: