Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a driver for a hub/switch? So that I can control the flow of data from the other computer that currently uses bandwidth, so that I could get higher bandwidth.

share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

You'd need a router of some sort to do the bandwidth management you're talking about.

If you already have a DSL/Cable router, you might be able to use Tomato or DD-WRT to get the function you seek. But that's not for the faint of heart and may wind up destroying your router.

share|improve this answer
Or a managed switch should also work. – Bobby Jan 28 '10 at 9:27
Any Linux system with two NICs junctioned to a virtual bridge interface, with appropriate tc QoS policies applied to the virtual bridge interface, would also work. Tomato or DD-WRT is this. Defintely not for the faint of heart but you will learn a lot. It won't destroy your router - you can always reset it to restore configuration. – LawrenceC Jun 20 '12 at 13:43

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .