Here is my setup:
- I have an ADSL router with internet connection, IP address: 192.168.1.1
- I have a 100 Mbps Dax network switch with 8 ports.
- I have two computers with the IP addresses 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.4
What I have done?
- I connected my 2 computers and the ADSL router to the 8 port network switch.
- Both computers are in same work group. Both has the default gateway as 192.168.1.1. Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Run the 'Setup a home or small office network' wizard with the second option - "connects through the residential gateway".
What I can do?
- Both computers can connect to internet through the router.
- Both computers can ping either the other computer and the router.
What is my problem?
- I cannot access the shared files and folders on the other computer from one computer.
- I cannot access the other system with Remote Desktop connection.
- I cannot access the computer if i run \computer1
- I can access the local apache server running on one system from other system by putting the IP address in the browser.
Can somebody help me with my "Cannot's"?