I found that scrappythenell's answer (Sep 19, 2011) really helped. AOL email (accessed via AOL Desktop, not their web mail) offers NO right-click option to copy a link target. I hated having to open the AOL browser (IE-based) to view and copy a hyperlink within my mail. So, now I can do the following, and get an URL from an AOL email hyperlink.
How to Copy Hyperlinks in AOL Emails
- Hit the Forward email button.
- In the window appearing with the editable text/images to forward, find the stand-in text or image for the hyperlink you want to copy.
- Highlight it.
- Right-click on the highlighted stand-in text or image.
- From the Right-Click Menu options, select Edit Hyperlink.
- Copy the link from the Address Textbox that appears.
- Navigate over to your Firefox browser, right-click in the Firefox address box, and select Paste/Go.
The URL will appear in the address box and Firefox will go directly to the URL, depending upon any further permissions to allow navigation. This method avoids having to open your AOL browser (IE) first just to get a viable URL to copy and paste to your preferred browser.
NOTE: Do this for whatever hyperlinks you want to capture, and then close the forwarded window in your AOL.