I have an IDE dvd/cdrom drive on my computer that used to work with linux (basically every distro) and still works with the windows install. one day I noticed it stopped working and I have no idea why. It's been months and I've recomiled my kernel a few times, asked on gentoo forums, but nobody is able to figure it out.
Here are some pastes of important system information and if anybody is able to stop why my IDE cdrom/dvd rom drive doesn't have an associated device file I'll accept the answer.
- lspci -v: http://pastebin.com/f3991e382
- kernel config: http://pastebin.com/f49ec613d
- dmesg: http://pastebin.com/f7521350a
- /etc/fstab http://pastebin.com/f62bdcd6b
- /etc/group http://pastebin.com/f4b3507fc
I can post more information if needed.