We're looking for a good office jukebox solution where staff can select songs via a web interface to be played over the central set of speakers.
- Web Interface
- RSS / easy to scrap display of currently playing songs
- Ability to play mp3s and manage an ordered playlist.
- Good cataloguing of media.
- Multiple OSs supported as clients - Windows, Mac, Fedora Linux (will probably be accomplished by virtue of a web interface).
We have tried XBMC which worked well as a proof of concept however the web interface is just too immature and has too many bugs for a reliable multi-user solution. I believe the same will be true of boxee.
Nice to have:
- Ability to play music videos onto a monitor
- Ability to listen to radio streams specifically Shoutcast and the BBC.
Ability to run on Linux is a nice to have but windows solutions which worked well would certainly be considered.
I am aware of question 61404 and don't believe this to be a duplicate due to the specific requirements.