Currently in my tray I have:
- wireless network connection ... with a troubled signal
- local area connection (disconnected)
- safely remove hardware
- Nokia PC suite
- that little grey speaker
- on AC power
- some weird printer icon
- AdVantage (I have no idea what this is ...)
- Epson Event Manager (nor this ...)
- PowerISO ... (have a vague recollection what this could be ...)
- some icon with no tooltip that I'm afraid to click
- and another weird looking icon (looks like a little guy doing a backstroke)
In any case, as you might have guessed, I normally don't look, less alone click on half of these (except on the speaker - I like the little speaker :) ... they're just reminders of applications running in the background ... is there some app. which enables one to just remove icons from the tray from one single place (I don't want to close the actual applications, just remove their icons, cause they take quite a lot of space) ?
Talking WinXP here.