I know of two ways to play one specific album in iTunes:
- Do a search that's specific enough to include just that album and no other tracks; press a "Play album" button. (Doesn't work in cover flow or list view.)
- Go to list view; turn on column browser; in View/Column Browser, make sure "Albums" is showing; double-click an album name.
These are fine as far as they go, but:
- Double-clicking an album in cover flow will play the album, and then keep going (in alphabetical order). That's no good.
- In playlists like "Purchased" or "Recently Added", you can either view and play whole albums, or sort by date added; you can't do both.
- In general, there's no straightforward way to get from a track in a playlist to the whole album it belongs to.
What I would really, really like, would be to right-click on any song or album cover, anywhere, and choose "Play album".
While I'm waiting for Apple to add that, any tips for simple album-centric listening?