I just want to know whether this is a flaw or not in Bittorrent system.
Let us assume that I am member of a Private Torrent site which requires me to maintain a specific upload to download ratio.
Will this work:
- I create a torrent of a large file say [ Fedora Linux ~ 4 GB ] and upload it to the tracker
- I download the same torrent using my ID and start it on another machine on LAN or a Virtual machine
- Both clients have Local Peer Discovery enabled, so they will find 'em [ not via DHT ] and start x'ferring data using LAN bandwidth at LAN speeds.
- Though both uploads and downloads will increase, my ratio will also increase
- If I reiterate the entire process 'n' times, the numerator in the "RATIO" i.e Upload will become so large that the effect of downloads on ratio will become less.
I want to know whether this is legitimate???
Update: This does work. :-)