Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a TV with Ethernet port in one room and a wifi router in another. I want to connect my TV to internet, but i cant find any wifi adapter for my purposes. Can anybode help? TV is Sony z5500

share|improve this question
up vote 7 down vote accepted

What you are looking for is a Wireless Bridge. There used to be loads of them, but I haven't seen any in ages.

Without knowing your location, I cannot really recommend any brands/products, however hopefully this pushes you in the right direction!

You may also want to take a look at HomePlug based devices which allow you to pass ethernet over your power lines.... Can be a lot more reliable than wireless.

share|improve this answer
Thank you. Location is Russian Federation, Rostov-on-Don. Router is DLink dl524 – den980 Feb 15 '10 at 17:38
Ok, I really do not know any manufacturers there are in Russia so I can't help you further. Hopefully by saying Wireless Bridge and Homeplug I have put you in the right direction and you can search your favourite manufacturer for one of these devices. – William Hilsum Feb 15 '10 at 17:48
You helpt me really much. I'm very greatful to you. I cant rate your message, sorry for that – den980 Feb 15 '10 at 18:10
Who gave -1?... – William Hilsum Feb 15 '10 at 18:55
I'm going to +1 you just for the HomePlug suggestion, that should be an easy/cheap solution! – Ivo Flipse Feb 15 '10 at 19:13

You'll need a wireless ethernet bridge. Example hardware is

Depending on your main wifi router you might also be able to get everything to work using an Apple Airport Express

share|improve this answer

In addition, many wireless routers can be set up to run as a bridge nodes. I have a couple of old routers from LinkSys and DLink which I use as wireless bridge nodes. Check the router's documentation to see if it supports operating as a bridge node.

share|improve this answer
any access point is capable of being a client bridge, most just don't have the settings for it. reflash the device with dd-wrt or openwrt and you'll be able to do whatever you want with it. – user23307 Feb 15 '10 at 19:01

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.