Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

For various unimportant reasons, I want to format a partition using MacOS's native HFS filesystem.

Is there any software that will let me do this on a PC, without connecting the hard drive directly to a Mac?

share|improve this question

migrated from Feb 19 '10 at 23:21

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers.

With Gparted, you can format a partition as either HFS or HFS+.

alt text

share|improve this answer
I assume this user is on Windows. You should add in a note that says OP will need to use the gparted live CD. – Broam Mar 12 '10 at 17:21

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .