I've got a Motorola SBG900 cable modem sitting in front of a Linksys WRT54G running DD-WRT. The DHCP server is running on the Linksys router not the modem.
I can access the DD-WRT web GUI via the router's IP address but can not access the modem's web GUI without connecting directly to it.
What configuration is necessary to be able to access the modem's web GUI when connected to the router.
Here's the setup:
- Modem's IP: 10.0.0.1
- Router's WAN IP: 10.0.0.2
- Router's Internal IP: 10.0.0.3 (Gateway IP used by computers connected to the router):
- Both the router and the modem are on the same subnet (255.255.255.0).
- The ethernet cable from the modem is connected to the WAN port on the router.
- Originally I believe only the router was running a DHCP server. Since the modem was recently reset, I believe it may be running a DHCP server now as well. It's hard to tell since I can't access it's GUI remotely. :)