Over the last week the sound of my external speakers have slowly decreased and are now to the point where they are max out in the OS but and yet you can have to strain to hear them.
What I have done thus far.
- Checked System Preferences -> Sound -> Output -> Both Headphones and Line Out are maxed and are NOT muted
- Checked Utilities -> Audio MIDI Setup -> Built-in Line Output (M) is all the way to left (1) is all the way to the right (2) is all the way to the right. When I click on configure speakers. Stereo is selected then when I click on left or right speakers its not that loud.
- I created a new user on the system and tested the sound on the new user. This doesn't fix the sound at all.
- I have gone into System -> Library -> Preferences -> and removed the audio folder and the two files in the folder
- I have rebooted the system and held down Command + Option + P + R to reset the PRAM (had the system reboot 3 times the first test and 7 times the second test
- I have opened the Mac Pro and removed the battery off the motherboard and waited 10 min while the machine was unplugged. Then placed the battery back on the motherboard and powered the machine back on.
- Plugged in 3 other sets of speakers and they are all the same, including 1 headset.
Anyone have any other ideas on how to fix this sound problem?