Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am planning on purchasing a vintage IBM model M keyboard. From the specs I can see that the connection that it uses is an "AT" connection.

What sort of adapter would I need to get to make it work with a PS2 or USB connection?

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

You'll need one of these, then a PS/2-to-USB adapter.

I'm not aware of an AT-to-USB adapter.

share|improve this answer
Thanks for the link, great deal! :) – TheOne Mar 1 '10 at 2:17
the ps2 to usb would have to be a signal converter type, not a passive adaptor type. otherwise it certanily won't work. 'cos even old ps2 keyboards with a passive ps2 to usb adaptor wouldn't work in usb otherwise. see… – barlop Oct 27 '10 at 23:43

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .