I had been successfully using WAMP on my PC for a year or so but after I got internet connection through LAN, I noticed that WAMP has stopped working. When I go to http://localhost or http://127.0.0.1 (port is set to 80), the page just keeps on loading indefinitely (of course there are no errors on the page, this is not related to any script errors).
- Re-installing wamp
- Re-starting computer
- Checking to see if port 80 is used by some other program (none used that)
- I don't use SKype
- Saw server log of apache; nothing suspicious found
- Tried running on different browser
Also all services are running fine.
- I can access MySQL successfully
- I can run PHP scripts inside an editor like PHP Designer 2005
Any ideas please, i have become very dejected, so please help.
Windows XP SP2 with Avira Antivirus
Thanks in advance.