What would be the best way to get the full-blown Unix/Linux bash inside Windows?
I don't mean the Virtual Machine, but rather only the terminal with mounted NTFS drives.
This way I could use the power of Unix/Linux still being on Windows.
The things I want to be able to do from the terminal:
- Package management (apt-get in Debian).
- File operations (including grub and similar).
- Run a web server (Apache, nginx) for testing purposes.
- Easy to use: start terminal - Linux is on, end terminal - Linux is shut down.
- Would be nice to be able to copy-paste from Windows into Terminal and vice versa.
This really feels like a separate OS and I realize that VM would, probably, be the best thing. But I guess it should be possible to have a lighter installation.
THE NOTE: I cannot just use Linux because of I still need to do development on Windows. Also I am a Linux noobie - just getting started with it so sorry if asking something obvious/stupid.