Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a keyboard shortcut for toggling back and forth to the last visited tab in Firefox like alt-tab behaves in Windows?

share|improve this question
up vote 11 down vote accepted

MicTech is correct, but by default Firefox will scroll through the tabs in order of opening. If you want to toggle between 2 tabs among more than 2, then use the wonderful TabMixPlus addon. With this you can set CTRL + TAB to toggle between the two most recently used. Has a whole heap of other great functions.

alt text

share|improve this answer

Yes, I think Ctrl+Tab is what you need.

And you can improve this function via some addons for FF.

Also Ctrl+Shift+Tab to go backwards. – Nick Josevski

share|improve this answer
yep @MicTech is correct! – studiohack Mar 11 '10 at 3:28
Also Ctrl+Shift+Tab to go backwards. – Nick Josevski Mar 11 '10 at 3:37
If you have more tabs you can press CTRL + 1 for the first, CTRL + 2 for the second etc, if you have more than 9, the last tab will always be number 9. – artifex Mar 11 '10 at 4:24
I am actually looking for behavior similar to alt-tab – Casebash Mar 12 '10 at 22:26

ctrl + pg up ; ctl + pg down

share|improve this answer
Again, I am actually looking for behavior similar to alt-tab – Casebash Mar 12 '10 at 22:27

On Mac: Alt-Command-Right arrow, Alt-Command-Left arrow.

share|improve this answer

The FLST Firefox Extension gives you the option to switch between the two most recent tabs with Ctrl+.

share|improve this answer

CTRL+ the number of the tab you want to go...

EX: Consider 5 tabs

CTRL+4 goes to the 4th tab`...

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .