Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I've not seen this port before, it looks kind of like a HDMI port and has this symbol next to it... what is it?

alt text

It's on the back panel of a desktop computer.

share|improve this question
Could you run the image through a few blur filters? It's too sharp. :P –  Phoshi Mar 11 '10 at 16:39
Can you post a picture of the port as well? –  dsolimano Mar 11 '10 at 16:41

1 Answer 1

up vote 11 down vote accepted

That's a DisplayPort. It's a video connector. It can be converted to HDMI, DVI, S-video or Analog VGA if needed.

"DisplayPort is a digital display interface standard put forth by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) since 2006. It defines a new royalty-free, digital audio/video interconnect, intended to be used primarily between a computer and its display monitor, or a computer and a home-theater system."

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.