Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This question already has an answer here:

I've not seen this port before, it looks kind of like a HDMI port and has this symbol next to it... what is it?

alt text

It's on the back panel of a desktop computer.

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Journeyman Geek Jan 20 at 2:03

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Could you run the image through a few blur filters? It's too sharp. :P – Phoshi Mar 11 '10 at 16:39
Can you post a picture of the port as well? – dsolimano Mar 11 '10 at 16:41
up vote 11 down vote accepted

That's a DisplayPort. It's a video connector. It can be converted to HDMI, DVI, S-video or Analog VGA if needed.

"DisplayPort is a digital display interface standard put forth by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) since 2006. It defines a new royalty-free, digital audio/video interconnect, intended to be used primarily between a computer and its display monitor, or a computer and a home-theater system."

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.