I'm having the following pet-peeves with the Windows Explorer in vista, compared to Win 2003....
- It refuses to show the columns for file details in the right order, no matter how many times I change it. It shows Date/Type/Size, instead of Size/Type/Date
- I can't easily (with one click) show/hide the folders pane, which is quite useful.
- Backspace doesn't go up, it goes "back" (whatever the hell that means in a folder tree structure). (Yes, I know about Alt-Up, but I never remember to do it)
- Alt+Enter won't work on the left pane for some mysterious reason!!! What's this about?
- When I change something about a file, it stops sorting by Name, and it start sorting by "leave stuff whethever you put it"
- I'm guessing this is not quite Windows Explorer, but when I select several files and I go to "Properties", I don't get the Security tab anymore, which was quite useful for resetting the permissions of files with different settings.
Is there any way to make Windows Explorer work decently?
If not, has someone made a replacement that works like the old Explorer?