Depending on the way you connect the device here are a few excepts:
Select to set the Network Setting. Before use the Network functions, please check
1) Connect the Player to Network first;
2) Please enable NetBIOS of TCP/IP on computer;
3) Please turn off your PC's firewall;
4) Please enable your PC's "Guest" account;
5) Please share the folders which you wish to browse on your PC,
and make sure that "Everyone" or "Guest" has the right to access.
Also from what I read in the manual it looks like you are supposed to browse from your mediaplayer to your pc.
7.5.1 Browsing through Workgroup
You can choose the workgroup which your PC belongs to from the workgroup list, find your PC name,
and press to confirm.
1. While browsing high definition video files (resolution up to 720p / 1080i) via
Ethernet or WLAN, the video might be buffering. It is normal due to the limit of network
speed or signal strength.
2. Due to different network conditions, sometimes the workgroup might not be accessed or
shown in the list. And then you need to use "My_Shortcuts" to browse shared files.
I found the manual here