Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

A Mac Zoom utility which magnifies a selectable portion of the screen and can be minimized.

If it cannot be minimized then the zoomed portion of the screen should be set as it is, so that i can do other work and switch back to it

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

In the Mac OS X Developer tools there's an app called "Pixie". It magnifies the portion of the screen under the cursor and can be "locked" on to a specific part of the screen. It has two sizes and can be minimized.

share|improve this answer
thanks man, i figured there must be some good utility out there as there are no third party apps like that – Rishi Mar 15 '10 at 18:28
@Rishi: Glad I could help! – Josh Mar 15 '10 at 19:33

Im not really sure what you are asking for but the mac comes with a built in screen zoom tool its under System Preferences -> Universal Access -> Set the Zoom to ON then you the keyboard shortcut shown to zoom in and out


if you have a mouse with a scroll wheel hold down Control and scroll up and down and it will zoom in on the screen also.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .