Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I ran TuneUp Utilities and then my Internet Explorer could no longer run a page with JavaScript.

I think it removes some important registry entries.

I tried to update Internet Explorer, but it didn't help.

What can I do to fix this problem?

share|improve this question

migrated from stackoverflow.com Mar 14 '10 at 1:07

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers.

3  
bash.org/?915082 –  ta.speot.is Mar 14 '10 at 1:40
add comment

3 Answers 3

In the process somewhere did your JavaScript get turned off? It should be enabled.

e.g. item #1 in this screen shot:

alt text

share|improve this answer
add comment

I can vouch for TU most likely not causing a problem with IE. I have been using it for 2 years bi-weekly for all of my system cleanup needs. Try updating windows and cleaning it with TU registry cleaner and CCLeaner registry cleaner.

share|improve this answer
    
Just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone. –  ta.speot.is Mar 14 '10 at 1:41
    
We use it in our business environment. TU is has never been the cause of any problems. If anything it's fixing them. –  anon31097 Mar 14 '10 at 22:52
add comment

My scripting is already enabled.

I removed Internet Explorer and installed it again, it didn't help.

I test by simple HTML:

<html>
    <body>
        <script>
            alert('test');
        </script>
    </body>
share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer

 
discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.