Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I currently have a Linksys WRT160N that has a couple wireless clients and a few wired clients. We are planning to switch from DSL to cable and unfortunately, there isn't a cable point in a location close to the wired clients (i.e. the new location of the router would be too far from the wired clients to lay Ethernet cables).

Thus, I was wondering if there was a wireless switch of some sort in which it would be a standard Ethernet switch that would connect to my wireless network? (This is a home network,of course.)

share|improve this question
yes, you're looking for an Access Point or Bridge to connect your cable modem (at the new location) to your existing networking equipment. – quack quixote Mar 14 '10 at 3:01
Looks like the Wireless Bridging mode in DD-WRT ( was what I was looking for, thanks for pointing me in the right direction! – user20336 Mar 15 '10 at 7:54

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .