Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I need to convert G.729 or G.711 files to WAV/WMA/MP3 or any other format which can be played in for example Windows Media Player.

How can I do that?

share|improve this question

2 Answers 2

If you don't have many you can do them online here: Online audio conversion tool - Guru Audio Convert

There is also a linux command line tool, if you have the right codecs installed: http://redice.krisk.org/

share|improve this answer

I would recommend using ffmpeg (https://www.ffmpeg.org). It's widely used so you find lots of documentation, it's available for Linux, Win, Mac and (mostly) under LGPL/GPL.

You may try using ffmpeg -i <yourFile> <yourNewFile.mp3>.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.