Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a bricked SCSI hard drive that I need to replace. It has a SAS interface Model ST373455SS

Can I replace it with this one Model ST373455LC that has an Ultra320 interface?

share|improve this question

Serial attached scsi (SAS) and Ultra320 are not compatiple. They don't have the same interface according to this article

share|improve this answer
If you have the drive you might check out what buying a U320 controller card off ebay would cost. Otherwise, a 73G 15k SAS drive will tend to be quite cheap off ebay (An equivalent model from Fujitsu is the MBA3073rc or MAX3073rc) – ConcernedOfTunbridgeWells May 18 '10 at 12:21

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.