Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'd like to use a 3.5mm headset instead of the normal phone receiver (with a rj9 plug), I can find only 2.5mm (male) to rj9 male adapter, but it is not what I need. Any hint?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by fretje, Jeff Atwood Mar 18 '10 at 4:00

Questions on Super User are expected to relate to computer software or computer hardware within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Why not just build it yourself? get a spare RJ9, a 3.5mm socket and frankencable it by chopping off one end, and soldering it to a pair of 3.5 mm sockets – Journeyman Geek Mar 17 '10 at 23:36

There are several places that sell 2.5mm to 3.5mm connectors. Make certain that it's got the two rings on the jack, not just the one, otherwise you'll end up with mono output.

I got one of these a while back and hooked it up to my Nokia 6275i without problem:

share|improve this answer
I need the opposite adaptor. I need the female to be 3.5mm (or 2.5mm I can find one more adaptor easily). RJ9 is mono so it's not that the problem, the thing is I need need 2x3.5mm because I need microphone too. – Andrea Ambu Mar 17 '10 at 21:54
It's not clear from the link, but that's a 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female. I used it to plug male 3.5mm headphones into my Nokia's 2.5mm female jack. It supports stereo, but I don't know if it supports microphone or not, sorry. – billdehaan Mar 18 '10 at 17:56

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .