Latest driver (version 126.96.36.199) for this device that I've found is from Sony. The only problem is that it uses a Wise self executing compressed installer which also checks machine compatibility. I suppose only from Sony build. I successfully installed this driver on an HP running Windows 8.1 x64.
The good thing is that this is just a Texas Instruments PCIxx12 FlashCard driver and can be installed on any machine from any manufacturer that has this device built in.
I personally trust only OEM downloadable drivers so this one is directly from Sony. I wouldn't download drivers from any third party websites as drivers have highest accessibility rights on a machine. Installing a malicious one would be catastrophic failure.
Knowing that this is Wise Installer file, installing it is rather easy by following these steps and knowing command line switches of these installers:
- Download the driver from Sony's website
- Open elevated command prompt
- Change folder to file dlownloaded location (usually
- Create a folder i.e.
Execute this command (assuming downloaded executable's name is
TIDMSC-16368200-1042.exe /x TIDriver
This will extract contents of this Wise Installer to specified folder - in this case it was
- Open Device Manager
- Right click on your Mass Storage Device missing a driver and select Update Driver Software
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software and point it to your specified folder.
- Confirm and you should have driver installed and card reader working without any issues.