However, in my experience, these threats are not really threats at all. If you stay up-to-date and don't visit questionable websites on a regular basis, you'll be fine. NoScript is, in my opinion, more of a pain than anything else. I don't think it's worth temporarily shutting out 99.9% of the websites you visit just to protect yourself from the other 0.1%. If you're really that worried, re-evaluate your browsing habits.
That said, if you're worried about going to potentially malicious websites, you could install Web of Trust: it's a Firefox add-on that shows a "WOT rating" next to links on popular websites such as Google, and prevents you from going to websites with a low rating. That way, you can tell if a website is malicious before even clicking on it. With this method, you aren't hampering your browsing experience in any way, and you get practically the same security benefit.