Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Using Microsoft Word 2007, is it possible to replace the newline character (\n) with some other character?

What about vice versa? (That is replace a character with the newline character).

share|improve this question
In word new line character is written as ^p. – user127379 Apr 9 '12 at 16:18

Go to Find (Ctrl+F) -> tab Replace -> click More... -> Special -> End of paragraph. The symbol is ^p. You can use it in both directions. I have MS Office 2007, but it should work in older versions too.

share|improve this answer

Press Ctrl+H. In Find, type \n and type the desired character in Replace. Be sure to check the Regular expression check box.

That is it.

share|improve this answer
Wrong answer. Word doesn't recognize \n. – Sнаđошƒаӽ Jul 3 at 5:48

You must log in to answer this question.