Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
Replace newline character with another in Word 2007

I'm using Microsoft Word 2007

Is it possible to replace the newline character (I mean \n) with some other character?

What about vice-versa? (replacing a character with newline)

share|improve this question

migrated from Mar 27 '10 at 18:18

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers.

marked as duplicate by Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, TFM, Windos, HackToHell, Journeyman Geek Nov 11 '12 at 11:33

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

This is more something for superuser – Ikke Mar 27 '10 at 13:06
sorry if you think it's a foolish question, but I couldn't found any solution – kvphxga Mar 27 '10 at 13:13
Did you ask on Stackoverflow is for programming questions. Search and replace in a word processor doesn't count. – Marcelo Cantos Mar 27 '10 at 13:16
If he wanted to know how to do this in VBA, it would be a programming question. – gabe Mar 27 '10 at 13:35
oh thx ... I'm new to this site – kvphxga Mar 27 '10 at 13:40

go to find and replace, click the more >> button at the botton, under the replace section, click the "special" button.

share|improve this answer