Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Does anybody know of a good Web site or so that explains the differences between current monitor connectors and which screen uses which connector?

share|improve this question
Jeff Atwood today wrote a blog entry that answers some of my question:… – Andrew J. Brehm Apr 5 '10 at 18:19
up vote 1 down vote accepted

Well, Wikipedia might be a good source to start (DVI, VGA, HDMI). Also, the which screen uses which connector is a little bit like asking which car uses which wheel format, I don't think that there is whole database for that.

share|improve this answer
I have an Apple Cinema Display and no idea what all those different connectors are. – Andrew J. Brehm Mar 31 '10 at 13:46
@Andrew J. Brehm: Well, why didn't you ask/say that in the first place? So you wanna know who to connect it or what different connectors it has (RTM maybe)? – Bobby Mar 31 '10 at 14:04
I am looking for a general list of all current connector types. – Andrew J. Brehm Apr 3 '10 at 13:04
@Andrew J. Behm: You mean for connectors between a PC and a Monitor? VGA, DVI, HDMI...there you go. ;) But for the 'exotics' please see my Wikipedia-Link. – Bobby Apr 5 '10 at 16:56

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.