I'm looking for something similar to skype but basically just for me to video chat with my girlfriend. Skype has been kind of buggy lately with its recent iterations and doesn't seem to be progressing as much as when it was with its previous backers.
Are there any good, secure video chat programs?
- Something that customizable and lets you choose frame rate vs pixelation
- Something that is generally secure (I don't care if the NSA can tap it but no one else, especially over unencrypted WiFis).
- Open source is preferred but not required.
- Free or really really cheap is practically required.
- Also, since this is point to point, an i am a power user (and my gf as well), it can involve some manual setup to establish a point-to-point link.