I'm batch transcoding some 50 GB of video files on a USB hard disk which is connected to a wlan router. The drive is mapped as a network drive on my Windows 7 laptop.
The speed handicap of the wlan causes some parts of the processing to become unnecessarily slow, so I would like to do the following with PowerShell:
- List the names of the files on the network drive to be transcoded
- Copy the first file to a temporary folder on my laptop
- Transcode the file in the folder
- Begin copying the next file from the network drive to the temporary folder
- After transcoding and copy have both ended,
- Delete the file which has been transcoded from the temporary folder
- Begin transcoding next file in the temporary folder
- Loop until all files have been processed
How would I be able to do this with PowerShell? The multitasking part is an obstacle for my skill/persistence combination.