Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a USB webcam, and I'm wondering if theres a box that will let me plug the webcam in and access it over wifi like this: except wireless.

share|improve this question
I don't understand. That device you linked to takes USB devices and shares them over wifi. What else are you looking for? – kbyrd Apr 5 '10 at 15:31
No that deivce takes USB and shares them over a LAN(ie wired) connection. They show the outline of the wireless device which must be bought seperately. – Jonathan. Apr 6 '10 at 5:52
Plug it into a computer and use Yawcam to broadcast the image over IP or use the device you linked to and connect it to a wireless router configured to be an adapter effectively making your webcam wireless. – Enigma Mar 1 '13 at 19:09
up vote 1 down vote accepted

I think the problem here is that most devices like the one you linked only tend to support media or printers, and not webcams. Now, there are webcams that are network-capable, which may be a better solution here.

share|improve this answer

some DLink router have SharePort which allows for USB over TCP

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .