Sign up ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Water was sprayed on my 19" monitor and damaged some parts of it. I need a software that will let me specify the screen area to be used by Windows, as if it was a smaller monitor. Its default menu doesn't have this option.

share|improve this question

2 Answers 2

up vote 3 down vote accepted

Winsplit-Revolution might do what you need.

share|improve this answer
This really isn't a solution because it only re-arranges the windows on the screen. It doesn't allow one window to always be on top of another. – Gabriel Fair Jan 15 '12 at 5:34
@GabrielFair Winsplit-Revolution has also "always-on-top" functionality, at least since v.11.04: press Ctrl+Alt+T and then enable/disable it or simply toggle it with Ctrl+Alt+O. – bluish Jan 8 '13 at 13:58
There is others....… – NitroxDM May 1 '13 at 14:20

What model is your monitor? It may have a "1:1 pixel mode" or something like that in the settings. With that option set, you can specify a lower screen resolution on the computer, and the monitor will only use that number of pixels, instead of scaling the image to full screen.

share|improve this answer
Unfortunately, the monitor is gone for good now. Thank you for your help! (I had originally posted this comment as a reply and it was deleted for breaking the forum guidelines.) – screener Dec 2 '11 at 9:03

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.