Sign up ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

A friend's laptop came with "Windows Vista Home Premium (SP1)" installed in English.

But she's from a country with a right-to-left language, and she wants to be able to type in her own language from right-to-left.

Going to the control panel and adding a keyboard on her language did half of the trick. She can type in her language but on a left-to-right way.

Is it possible to enable the cursor to go on the other direction?

share|improve this question
This would be a per-application feature. What applications would she like to type RtL in? –  MDMarra Apr 11 '10 at 21:11
It's possible in word processors like MSWord, etc. etc. where it's supported, but as MarkM said it's application dependent. –  Vervious Apr 11 '10 at 21:12
It would be mainly on Adobe Photoshop CS4. –  Pablo Apr 11 '10 at 21:29
We looked for this last year: If it's Arabic, there's a special plugin for Photoshop. –  hyperslug Apr 11 '10 at 23:15
I believe in Photoshop CS4 rtl typing is supported but... I have no idea how to implement it. –  Vervious Apr 11 '10 at 23:15

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.