Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have a single monitor, but with a wide resolution. Some times it would be helpful to have two applications running next to each other. Is there a tool to quickly tell windows to resize the two applications to fit the desktop? Perhaps even with an option to make the one application use 75% and the other 25%

I know the Windows 7 Alt+left/right arrow feature, which is nice, but still needs too many clicks.

share|improve this question
add comment

4 Answers

With Windows 7 you can just pull the windows to the left or right edge of the screen. One click :P

share|improve this answer
    
It's called "Snap" windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/snap –  Mark Robinson Apr 13 '10 at 14:43
    
Doesn't seem to work on the 2 edges between my 2 monitors. Works far left and far right but not on the left of the right hand monitor and not on the right of my left hand monitor. –  Shevek Apr 13 '10 at 18:04
    
Oh yeah, it seems to not work "in between". Sadly. @MarkRobinson: Everything has to have a name it seems... –  sinni800 Apr 13 '10 at 20:41
    
@Shevek Now I know better: Use WINDOWS+LEFT/RIGHT to snap the window currently in the foreground to various places. –  sinni800 Jan 9 at 15:14
add comment

You can Ctrl+Click each of the windows on the task bar then right click and select Tile Vertically

share|improve this answer
    
it does not function with windows 7, but with windows xp –  kokbira Jul 16 '11 at 16:24
add comment
  1. Click the first window, then hit Window + Left arrow.

  2. Then, click the second window (on the same monitor) and hit Window + Right arrow.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Minimize all windows and restore only the two that you want to tile. Then right click on taskbar and choose one arrangement you want (tile vertically, horizontally, cascade...).

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer

 
discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.