Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a single monitor, but with a wide resolution. Some times it would be helpful to have two applications running next to each other. Is there a tool to quickly tell windows to resize the two applications to fit the desktop? Perhaps even with an option to make the one application use 75% and the other 25%

I know the Windows 7 Alt+left/right arrow feature, which is nice, but still needs too many clicks.

share|improve this question

With Windows 7 you can just pull the windows to the left or right edge of the screen. One click :P

share|improve this answer
Doesn't seem to work on the 2 edges between my 2 monitors. Works far left and far right but not on the left of the right hand monitor and not on the right of my left hand monitor. – Shevek Apr 13 '10 at 18:04
Oh yeah, it seems to not work "in between". Sadly. @MarkRobinson: Everything has to have a name it seems... – sinni800 Apr 13 '10 at 20:41
@Shevek Now I know better: Use WINDOWS+LEFT/RIGHT to snap the window currently in the foreground to various places. – sinni800 Jan 9 '14 at 15:14

You can Ctrl+Click each of the windows on the task bar then right click and select Tile Vertically

share|improve this answer
it does not function with windows 7, but with windows xp – kokbira Jul 16 '11 at 16:24
  1. Click the first window, then hit Window + Left arrow.

  2. Then, click the second window (on the same monitor) and hit Window + Right arrow.

share|improve this answer
Great! One of the best fitting answers here... – Sander Feb 24 '15 at 10:44

Minimize all windows and restore only the two that you want to tile. Then right click on taskbar and choose one arrangement you want (tile vertically, horizontally, cascade...).

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .