Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm trying to find some sort of physical product that would either go on the top or the side of an lcd monitor and give me space to tape/push-pin/post it note things for myself.

In my head I am picturing an extra space above your monitor 6 inches tall that lets you tape/push pin things up in front of you.

For random notes and things I want to keep track of, having them on the top/side of my monitor would keep the space on my desk itself clear, and they would be closer to my field of vision.

Does something like this exist? Do I need to rig up something myself?


This is the closest thing I can find so far

share|improve this question
bluetac? or do you mean actually on your windows desktop? – Charles Gargent Apr 13 '10 at 20:19

Are you looking for a Document Holder?

share|improve this answer
That's along the lines of what I want, but I'd prefer something that I could use pushpins with. Currently I have a large board behind me I use to keep track of random tasks/thoughts by pinning up scraps of paper. When I am working on them or they need to be done right away I'd like to move them to a smaller board right next to my monitor. – Bela Apr 13 '10 at 20:43

Make it! Get a scrap of the pink insulation foam so beloved of modelers, mount it to something, cover it with felt, and you are good.

enter image description here

It's thick so you could probably have it freestanding, or get something to hold it in place. Personally, I prefer a whiteboard and magnets though.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.