My CPU was heating up to around 65 deg C and last time this had happened (about a year ago), I got thermal paste put between the CPU and heat sink and this managed to get it down to about 45 - 50 degrees.
This time, I got some thermal paste and put it myself. However, my PC is not showing the POST display and not starting up.
This is what happens
- LEDs light up
- HDDs spin
- Mouse is getting power
- All fans including the processor fan starts
- No display on monitor
- No diagnostic beep sounds (no sounds at all)
What I have tried
- Removing everything including RAM, HDD, PCI cards, AGP card
- Boot up machine
No changes from first state.
What steps can I take to figure out where the problem lies?
Note (might be important) When I removed the heat sink, the processor came out with it (it was stuck to it inspite of the processor latch on) Had to pry it separate with a screw-driver.
- Pentium 4, 2.8 Ghz with HT (very old, I know)
- Original Intel Mobo with onboard sound and graphics (GB series)
- 2x512 Mb DDR-RAM
- 2 SATA disks (320 Gigs / 250 gigs)
- DVD Writer
- Creative Sound Card
- Network card
Any help would be appreciated.