Before buying an SD memory card, I'd like to know something more about the CPRM protection, in particular:
- Does CPRM influence the way I am supposed to access my own data? That is, does CPRM encrypt it? Could CPRM prevent me from accessing my own data?
- Is it possible to disable or eliminate CPRM from either the memory card or the card reader?
- Are there manufacturers selling CPRM-free SD memory cards?
- Is there any real alternative to CPRM-protected SD memory cards beside USB flash drives?
- Is Linux support for SD cards good?