I am basically looking for a good guide on how to set up my home network with this set of hardware. I need:
- Dynamic DNS
- Firewall + port-forwarding
- Wake-on-LAN from outside firewall
- VOIP would be nice
- QoS would be nice (make torrents take lower priority to other services when those other services are happening)
- Wireless + WPA2 security
- Ability to play multiplayer computer games
I am not a networking or computing neophyte, but the last time I messed with network gear was a few years ago, so am needing to dust off knowledge I kinda half have.
I have read that I should be wanting to set up the AM200 in half-bridge mode, so that the WRT54GL gets the WAN IP - this sounds like a good idea, but I'd still like to be advised.
I have read that the dd-wrt firmware will meet my needs (though I gather I'll need the vpn-specific build, which appears to preclude supporting VOIP), but I'm not wedded to using it.
My ISP supplies me with:
- a block of 8 static IPs, of which 5 are usable to me
- a PPPoA ADSL2+ connection