Local Users and Groups Management on Windows 7 Home?
I recently upgraded my home PC from Windows XP Pro, to Windows 7 Home Premium.
Since Local Users and Groups is blocked on Home Premium, I can't figure out how to manage groups, or even do anything even slightly advanced to users (basically, create/group/picture is it). Net localgroup, net users, net etc, doesn't seem to work - getting "system error 5".
While I'm on the topic, I cant activate (what was once) "Local Security Policy"...
Looking for any help, advice, or even a new direction because things are different in Windows 7.
To clarify, I'm looking to do some of the following, which were simply back in XP-land:
- remote user only (i.e. no local logon)
- Grant special privileges for specific user
- grant access to e.g. C$ share for specific remote user
- create custom groups for users, to be able to separate privileges of say, my wife's from my kids
- define quite specifically what each user can do (beyond just standard users)
- Harden OS (hmm, I guess maybe what I'm looking for is a security hardening guide for 7?)