Here are the specs to put things into context:
- ECS P4VXASD2+ (V5.0) motherboard
- Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 2.8 GHz (512 KB L2, 533 MHz FSB)
- 2x 512 MB PC2100 DDR266 RAM
- 128 MB NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 AGP
- WD Caviar SE 80 GB IDE HDD
- Gigabyte CD-RW drive
- OKIA 300W ATX PSU
So, everytime I try to boot up this computer, it takes at least 10-15 seconds before it will POST. All my other machines will post within 1-2 seconds, but this one takes a particularly long time.
I've read suggestions from a Google search to swap the CMOS battery, check BIOS settings, and double check CMOS jumper. Still after follow those, it takes a while to POST.
What else could be causing a long delay before POSTing?