I ran msysGit-netinstall-22.214.171.124-preview20100407-2.exe.
Then I ran TortoiseGit-126.96.36.199-64bit.msi.
msysgit was installed in C:\
TortioseGit appears to have been installed in C:\Program Files\TortoiseGit
- "Git Clone..."
- "Git Create repository here"
in Explorer context menu.
When I try to clone, I get "git have not installed" [sic].
- I have tried setting the MSysGit path, in the TortioseGit settings, to everything imaginable. Nothing works.
- Neither C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) have a Git folder.
- The git command gives "command not found" from both cmd.exe and bash (that msysgit installed)
- I don't not see msysgit in -> Control Panel -> Programs -> Program Features, but I do see TortioseGit in there.
I would like a procedure for verifying that msysgit is properly installed.
A procedure for uninstalling msysgit would be an added bonus.
I would like a procedure for getting TortoiseGit to work.
I am running Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro.