Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have mislabelled the y-axis in my pdf graph that I generated from an Matlab file. Unfortuantely, I cant find anymore the data that I used to generate the graph. So I am wondering if there is an free tool that allows me to rename the y-axis in my pdf diagram? Are there any free tools available that could be helpful or is this something "impossible" to do?

Many thanks for your help, Andrea

share|improve this question
imho, the simplest solution would be to get a pdf editing program, get the picture /diagram/ out, edit it in some sort of photo manipulation program, and jam it back in afterwards. – Rook May 25 '10 at 15:02

You can alternatively import the file into photoshop and edit it with the text tools (and eraser) and then print it back into a .pdf.

share|improve this answer

Inkspace is good, for this purpose. It is a free tool for editing vector graphics files, similar to Illustrator or CorelDraw.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.