Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a strange trouble with my Sony Vaio VPCCW21FX. My laptop has a Turkish Q keyboard and I'm using TR keyboard layout on Windows 7 x64 Home Premium. The problem is, I cannot find a usual way to type less than or greater than signs unless I switch to EN keyboard layout. These signs are showed on the keyboard together with the Turkish letters "Ö" and "Ç", as you can see from the below photo of my laptop's keyboard.

So, how can I type these signs without switching to EN keyboard layout? I tried Fn and Alt keys but it doesn't work. I need to use TR layout since I need Turkish letters while writing my documents and e-mails.

alt text

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

It appears that you are using the Turkish Q keyboard layout. According to Wikipedia and Microsoft, you have to hold down the right Alt key (AltGr), then press the " key (topmost left) to type a < sign or the 1 key to type the > sign.

share|improve this answer
As the right Alt key is not labelled "AltGr", it might be that you have to press Ctrl+Alt to simulalte AltGr-behaviour. – Martin May 26 '10 at 9:12
Thanks, you eased my pain! It's interesting that there is < sign on " key whereas there is no sign for > on 1 key. – Mehper C. Palavuzlar May 26 '10 at 11:00

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .