Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

How do I convert an MS Word 2007 file into a JPG file?

I need a method that will work off-line for Windows XP, preferably that does not require installing software.

share|improve this question
Duplicate of Converting a word document to an image (free) – Sathya May 27 '10 at 13:07
@Sathya The portable part might make it less of a duplicate, but you're probably right. – alex May 27 '10 at 13:21
Please don't use JPG for this. JPG is designed for photograph-like images, with every pixel a slightly different tone from the one next to it. A word document is usually 90% pure black and pure white. If you must convert to a bitmap image, use PNG. – rjmunro Jun 30 '10 at 8:54

The simplest way is using PDF Creator or something similar to it. It's free, it's offline and it's available for Windows XP. The only problem is that it's not portable, from what I know.

However, there's a second way, but it's a bit longer. You can save the documents as a PDF (Word 2007 has that option). Then, use PDF-Xchange to save the PDF as an image.

share|improve this answer
MS Word 2007 has "Save As PDF" tool download. If you have this, then you don't need any 3rd party software/ – kamleshrao May 27 '10 at 12:32
@kamleshrao You need third party software to save as jpg, which is what the OP wants. PDF Creator can save documents directly as jpg, that's why I recommended it. As for PDF-Xchange, it's useful if you have a PDF and want to save it as jpg. – alex May 27 '10 at 12:39

You must log in to answer this question.

protected by slhck Jun 22 '15 at 9:49

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .