What’s the best Remote Desktop Application?
Citrix GoToAssist is a really nifty little web application for customer support that allows you to take control of someones OSX, or Windows machine. Essentially, it works likes this:
- You log in to your management console
- You get a code
- You give them a code, and a website (
- They go there and enter in the code
- They accept the browser applet which installs a program on their computer
- You have control of their desktop
You can see their desktop, configure applications, etc. They can also see when you disconnect. It is really rather nifty, but it doesn't support Linux and it is rather expensive (660$ a year). Does anyone know of any alternatives to this? I'm looking for a solution as simple on the user as this one, that doesn't require firewall configuration or setting up ssh/vnc/rdesktop etc.