Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Can I use a splitter to be connected to my monitor and TV when I will only be using one attachment at a time? Solely when surfing the Internet, etc. using the PC monitor and watching videos from YouTube, etc. using the TV.

share|improve this question

In this case I think a DVI switch box is what you should buy:

share|improve this answer

It depends on the capabilities of the splitter. If the splitter was with no interface, then it would probably duplicate the monitor, however if it is more advanced or has a physical switch, then you can probably switch either between the monitor and TV, or have both displays showing in your display settings.

share|improve this answer
hi, thank you for replying. i'm not that knowledgeable about computers,just a basic user. any recommendation where i can buy one or perhaps a brand which won't have any "interface?" – domingo ching Jun 7 '10 at 10:18

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .